Welcome to the Washington County Health Department website. Our vision is to be the healthiest county in Ohio.
As you browse our site you will find important information such as current events and projects. Departments have provided some of their forms and permits for you to print out at home. Meet some of our staff and learn about your county at work.
Some of the services we provide:
- Flu Shots
- Vaccination against other infectious diseases
- Birth and Death Records
- Plumbing Inspections
- Investigate Nuisance Complaints
- Wellness classes
What is it?
COVID-19 is a new respiratory virus (the newest of seven known Corona Viruses) that is quickly spreading.
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching a surface with the virus on it, then touching your face
Who is at most risk?
Clinical personnel or family members caring for patients with COVID-19.
People over the age of 60, or people with chronic conditions are at higher risk for severe illness with COVID-19.
What are the symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
How do I get tested?
If you feel sick or think you may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, call BEFORE you GO.
- Contact your Primary care provider
- If you do not have a primary care provider call Camden Clark or Memorial Health Systems nurse advice line for guidance:
*WVU Medicine COVID-19 Triage Number is 304-598-6000, option 4
*Memorial Health System 24/7 nurse line is 1-844-474-6522
How do I get more information?
Call: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
- The call center is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634). Call center staff includes licensed nurses and infectious disease experts. They are available to answer questions and provide accurate information about COVID-19, the risk to the public, and the state’s response. You can also learn more about COVID-19 here:
What can you do to limit risk?
If you suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19 because you have have been around people who may have been exposed and/or are exhibiting symptoms, contact your healthcare provider and let them know you may have been exposed to COVID-19 before visiting the healthcare facility. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take precautionary steps to keep other people from being exposed.
Just as with influenza and other illnesses, it’s critical to protect yourself.
🏡Stay home, except for essential services
☻…☻ Stay 6 feet apart from one another
🤢Avoid close contact with people who are sick
🤧Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
👐Wash hands often with soap and water lather and scrub for at least 20 seconds
🏡Isolate when you are sick except to get medical care [call BEFORE you GO]
🤪Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
🧽Clean and disinfect frequently touched items
Ohio Department of Health is actively working with local health departments and healthcare providers to continue infectious disease surveillance, prevention, and control.
☎️For suspected cases of COVID-19, healthcare providers or any individual having knowledge should immediately notify their local health department.
Assure a healthful environment, prevent disease, and prolong life and well-being for the residents of Washington County.
- Accountability- We charge employees with fulfilling the duties of their respective jobs and the assurances they make to residents.
- Collaboration- We recognize that our impact on residents is greater through partnerships and collaboration.
- Health- We believe our primary mission is to help residents achieve optimal health.
- Innovation- We continually seek new ways to deliver services and evidence-based programs to offer our clients.
- Equity- We treat all people equally and with respect and dignity.
- Vitality- We believe that vitality is contagious, and our employees will be enthusiastic and encouraging.
- Empowerment- We provide every person with the tools they need to live healthfully and successfully.
- Respect- We respect the culture, values, and ideas of the people that we serve.