Veterans Service Office Staff
- Robert Fitzgerald - Executive Director - US ARMY
- Tom Kukulka - Veteran Service Officer - US ARMY
- Tom Mullenix- Veteran Service Officer- US Air Force
- Emily Maze, Financial Case Manager
- Melinda Smith- Office Administrator
- Todd Farrar- Veterans Service Officer- US Army
- Carl Davis- Driver- USMC
- Larry Proctor- President - MOPH End of Term 01/15/2024
- Ron Hudson - Vice President - DAV End of Term 01/15/2027
- Brad Webb -, Secretary- AMVETS- End of Term 01/15/2028
- Regis Kern -, Commissioner- American Legion End of Term 01/15/2025
- Tim Gillenwalters-Commissioner- VFW- End of Term 01/15/2026
Each office holder is also a member of a service organization, as indicated. Appointed Commissioners representing the Disabled Veterans of America, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Military Order of the Purple Heart, American Veterans, American Legion and all other veterans of Washington County.
About the Commission
The Ohio Revised Code Soldier’s Relief Act of 1886 specifies that each county shall have a commission to ensure that the needs of veterans, widows of veterans and dependents of veterans who meet financial hardship through no fault of their own shall be provided for at least during a temporary transitional period. Such needs are primarily shelter, food, clothing and essentials to life.
In addition to the basic needs described the commission shall also assist the veteran with transportation to and from authorized Veterans Affairs medical institutions and with the preparing, filing and follow-up of administrative claims with Veterans Affairs.
We offer emergency temporary financial assistance for eligible Washington County Veterans.