There are three ways to obtain records from the Vital Statistics office:
- In-Person - Visit our office at 342 Muskingum Drive, Marietta Ohio 45750. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are closed for all government holidays. This would be the fastest way to obtain a birth or death certificate. This process normally takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes while you wait. Our request form (PDF) can be downloaded for faster service. Certified Copies are $25.00 each. We accept Cash, Debit & Credit Cards, and Checks.
- U.S Mail - You can fill out a request form (PDF) and mail it with payment to WCHD, 342 Muskingum Drive, Marietta Ohio 45750. Checks or money orders made out to WCHD will be the only payment method of payment accepted for this option. Certified Copies are $25.00 each.
- ONLINE - Submit your request online and pay using our secure payment portal. Please allow 1 - 2 business days for processing.
Regardless of the option that you choose, all Certified Copies are $25.00 each. We accept:
- Debit & Credit Cards,
- Money orders, and
Genealogy/Record Verification Searches:
We are able to offer some genealogy and record verification searches as time allows. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our policy is as follows:
- Phone call searches are limited to two names.
- Monday – Fridays individuals can spend up to one (1) hour per week researching a person or group.
- Fridays – Individuals can spend no more than fifteen (15) minutes researching a person or group.
If you have any questions concerning birth or death records, please contact us by calling 740-374-2782 or via email.