Creating Healthy Communities
If your community group, school, worksite, or church would like to join the Coalition or has an idea to create healthier communities in Washington County, please email Sherry Ellem or call 740-374-2782, ext. 3342. We love to hear new ideas and may be able to assist in turning your idea into action!
Sherry Ellem, Creating Healthy Communities
Follow Washington County Creating Healthy Communities on Facebook.
Creating Healthy Communities Minutes
- We want and need to hear from you! Options for feedback include:
- Online survey https://tooledesign.github.io/Marietta_ATP/
- Email your priorities and input to email@example.com
Vibrant Ohio communities where everyone has access to healthy food and opportunities for active living.
Activating community-led solutions to create sustainable change in policies, places, and population health.
Health equity is achieved when all people in a community have access to affordable, inclusive, and quality infrastructure and services that, despite historical and contemporary injustices, allows them to reach their full health potential.
- Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) invests in policies, projects, places, and people to create equitable, inclusive opportunities for healthy eating and active living.
- Everyone involved in Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) prepares to engage in the work by strengthening self-awareness and empathy.
- Community members experiencing health inequities or social marginalization partner with Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) to amplify their collective power and lead solutions for their community.
- Organizations partner with Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) to align with and direct resources toward community members’ vision and priorities.
- Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) Coordinators approach their relationships and the work with humility, transparency, dependability, and respect for others.
Partners, Links Affiliates
- Armory Square Marietta
- AVI Foodsystems
- Belpre Area Ministries
- Belpre Area Multi-Use Trail Committee
- Belpre City Schools
- Beverly & Waterford Growth and Revitalization Organization (B&W GRO)
- Brick Insurance Group
- Broughton Foundation
- Buckeye Hills Regional Council
- City of Belpre
- City of Marietta
- Clutch MOV
- Community Food Initiatives
- Cox Family Pharmacy
- CPC Ink
- Decatur Community Association
- Devola Multi-Use Trail
- Ely Chapman
- Fort Frye Wellness
- Greater Marietta Community Food Pantry
- House of Hope
- Kiwanis Club of Marietta
- Marietta Adventure Company
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department
- Marietta High School
- Marietta Family YMCA
- Maven Lane, LLC
- Muskingum Township
- Ohio Department of Health
- OSU Extension, Washington County
- O’Neill Center
- Proactive Health Solutions, LLC
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Washington County
- The Right Path for Washington County
- River Valley Mountain Bike Association
- University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
- Sisters Health Foundation
- Village of Beverly
- Village of Lowell
- Village of Matamoras
- Western Washington County Seniors
- Washington County Behavioral Health Board
- Washington County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Washington County Career Center
- Washington County Family and Children First
- Washington County Harvest of Hope
- Washington County Health Department
- Washington County Public Library